#1 Digital Transformation
- Domestic advertising market is now focusing on digital advertisement.
- Advertising agencies are enhancing digital marketing capability and are entering into e-commerce business.
- In 2021, competition for market share in the digital marketing/advertising industry is expected to intensify.
- Despite reduced marketing budgets due to the spread of COVID-19, even brands with high levels of digital maturity have decided to invest more in digital marketing in 2020
#2 Influencer Marketing
- Continued growth in influencer marketing.
- The domestic influencer market is expected to grow further in 2021, with a scale of 2.1 trillion won in 2020.
- With the growing influence and use of influencers, The Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) has provided guidelines for commercial advertisement. According to the KFTC, influencers are required to disclose their commercial intent and transparency when posting content with promotional character.
- 4 keywords for effective influencer marketing in 2021 will be: influencer’s expertise, reliability, clear commercial intent, and transparency
#3 Live commerce
- Rapid growth of live commerce market size.
- The size of the live commerce market in 2020 reached nearly 3 trillion won, accounting for 1.9% of the entire e-commerce market (155 trillion won).
- Rapid growth of real-time chat service and special events in live-commerce service.
- Naver and Kakao, two of the most widely used platforms in Korea expanded also their own service to live commerce.
Source: NAS Media Report 2021, 2021 forecast series Communication/Media (Meritz Securities), Cheil Agency, Mobiinside, KOTRA (Global Market Report 2018), Facebook FMS 2020, Samjong KPMG, eBEST Investment & Securities
NEW FUNCTIONS ON NAVER
◀ Influencer Search function
- Influencers’ contents are displayed on the content hub of powerful influencers (i.e. Influencer Home) when searching by specific keywords.
- Influencer DA enables the delivery of a strong and optimized brand message during the search phase.
Naver Live E-commerce feature ▶
- With Naver E-commerce feature, advertisers are able to communicate and sell the products with customers in real time.
- It is like a mobile home-shopping channel that drives purchases through live streaming, going beyond Naver’s shopping function.
◀ Smart Channel on mobile devices
- Exposed on the top placement of Mobile news, Entertainment, and Sports section, delivers business messages meaningfully from a premium ad placement.
NEW FUNCTIONS ON KAKAO
#1. Kakao Biz board
- Over 10 B daily messages sent/received, Kakao Biz Board is placed the top of the chat window.
- Able to build a strong branding and to post optimized performance advertisement through KakaoTalk’s mega traffic, and guide users to take intended or desired actions of advertiser through various landings connected inside the KakaoTalk chat.
#2. Kakao Brand Channel
- Business information, brand news, promotions, announcements, and any content are collected in one place and displayed at a glance.
- Drive followers to act with various call-to-action buttons such as visit website, download application, view video, etc. Also, it allows sending of real-time alarms, announcement, event, discount coupons through the sophisticated targeting system.
#3. Kakao Moment DA
- Display advertisement that enables enhancement of the brand value with various types of creative products.
- With Kakao moment DA, the best audience that is relevant to your brand can be found and maximize performance by exposing ads at the right “moment”. Kakao moment DAs can also be posted wherever there are users, from PC to mobile.
Creatip Won 2020 Social Media Agency of the Year Award
- Creatip won the 2020 Social Media Agency of the year in Korean/Japanese market, selected by ‘Campaign Asia-Pacific’, a global communication magazine.
- Creatip was the only Korean company that has won the award in such category!
- Creatip won the award for discovering brand’s story, organizing the story with effective contents, and communicating the brand to consumers which led to purchase conversion.